Monday, May 25, 2015

Something for Nothing (or close to it...)

Time to jump up on my soapbox this morning! A friend was kind enough to recommend me for a photo job (via LinkedIn)...the nature of the shoot was "real estate"...as it turns out, it would involve travel, location lighting and of course standard equipment and post production. Sounds like a decent job right? Not so my friend! 
It seems he has a shooter who has offered 100 shots for $79.00. Not a typo...100 shots for $79.00! For those of you who may be "math challenged...that's 79 cents per image!
(Right now, if you're like me you are saying WTF?)
To that I say the following....
I own a hammer but I am not a carpenter!
I own a wrench and I have a car but I am not a mechanic!
I have a first aid kit but I am neither a doctor or a nurse!
With that in mind...just because you "own" a camera, doesn't make you a photographer...it makes you a camera owner!
If you have experience and are a "real" photographer...don't under sell your value, experience and talent!
The market is difficult enough...don't make it worse through "stupid" actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment